Thursday, February 26, 2009

The $300 clock battery.

At the site that I work at we have a system in place to track pretty much everything that has to be replaced, fixed, or modified. I initially thought it was a great idea, so we can keep track of all of it and figure out exactly were we can improve. Well I recently also found out that each time one of these items has to be entered into the system to be fixed, etc. it costs the company $300! So the other day I was informed that our wall clock in the fitness room wasn't working and it needed new batteries, so I notified the right person (obviously It's to much of a risk for me to replace them) and was told that it still had to be entered into the system! Talk about an expensive pair of batteries! (remember all requests are $300)

1 comment: