Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Finally a Brooksby!

Well its' official after twenty one years of having the most common of last names and having to explain to way to many people why my last name is different from my dad's and my mom's I have finally had it changed. It's definitely interesting how difficult it is to go through the process, but yet it's also so simple at the same time. First of all you have to get all the required paperwork and fill it out, next get verification of your identity, and be able to prove you don't have a criminal record. Afterwards you go to the court and pay the fee (in Utah $155) and get your court date scheduled. Finally the day in court you have to explain why you want it changed and if you are doing it to evade creditors, next when the judge approves the change you finally get copies of the approval form to take to the DMV, Dept. of vital records, social security, banks, and for me DOPL. So far all that I have time to change is my Licence and my church records. But it's getting done and I can finally say I am officially a Brooksby.

No comments:

Post a Comment